The below instructions can be used to the replace the power cord on your EdgeStar DWP62 series countertop dishwasher.
NOTE: Empty contents of unit and disconnect from power source before attempting any repairs.
Tools and Parts Needed:
- Phillips Screwdriver - Flat Head Screwdriver - Needle nose pliers
Power Cord Removal and Replacement Instructions
Step 1: Remove Base Tray Cover
- Refer to instructions to ‘Remove Bottom Panel’ found in Step 1 of the article: How do I replace the drain pump on my EDGESTAR DWP62 series counter top dishwasher?
Step 2: Locate the Connector Bracket
- The connector bracket is located adjacent to the side panel where the power cord enters from the exterior of the unit.
NOTE: Take a photo to document color-coded wire connections prior to removing.
Step 3: Remove Crimp Connectors and Disconnect Power Cord Wiring
- Remove three (3) Crimp Connectors that are seated into the Connector Bracket
- The Crimp connectors are seated into the connector bracket with a lock tab. Use a flat tip screwdriver if needed to release tab and remove crimp connectors from the bracket.
- Use pliers to un-crimp the wire inside of the crimp connector
Step 4: Remove Power Cord Clasp
- The Power Cord Clasp secures the power cord to the cabinet
- Use flat tip screwdriver to depress the locking tab while pressing outwards and/or pulling on the Clasp from the exterior of the unit.
- You may need to slightly twist the Clasp to assist in the removal process.
Step 4: Replace with new power cord
- Feed new power cord and clasp through power cord cabinet opening
- Press clasp into place and secure
- Refer to photo taken in Step 1 and re-secures wiring into wire crimp connectors
- Crimp connectors with needle nose pliers
Step 5: Reinstall the Bottom Panel
- Refer to instructions to ‘Reinstall Bottom Panel’ found in Step 4 of the article: How do I replace the drain pump on my EDGESTAR DWP62 series counter top dishwasher?
For additional service procedures, please locate the DWP62 Series Service Manual located within the following article: EdgeStar Dishwasher Service Documents