This display circuit board on your EDGESTAR KC3000 series kegerator controls the temperature settings and display on the unit. A failing circuit board may lead to inaccurate temperature readings, the inability to set the temperature, or an error code. This article will cover the steps to replacing the display circuit board.
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Needle Nose Pliers
NOTE: Disconnect the unit from the power source before attempting any repairs
Step 1: Remove and replace the display circuit board cover
- Remove the 3 Phillip’s head screws that secure the cover to the circuit board
- Remove the cover
Step 2: Remove the display circuit board housing
- Remove the two Phillip’s head mounting screws that secure the board assembly to the unit
- Pull the board housing assembly out of the unit (Note: The board and bracket need to be slid back towards the inside of the unit and then lowered to gain access to the electrical connector)
Step 3: Remove the display circuit board from the housing and replace
- Unplug the electrical connector (Note: This connector has a lock you must squeeze to release)
- Remove the two Phillip’s head screws securing the circuit board to the housing
- Unclip the circuit board from the 6 securing clips
- Making sure to line the buttons up between the board and the housing, clip the new board into place.
- Install the two Phillip’s head screws that secure the board to the housing.
NOTE: After installing the new board, push the buttons on the housing and make sure you feel them click to assure they are lined up properly.
- Reinstall the electrical connector.
Step 4: Reinstall the display board and housing into the unit
- Line the housing up with the unit and install the two Phillip’s head screws
- Line the cover up over the housing and install the remaining 3 Phillip’s head screws.
Procedure Complete! Plug the unit in and test all the controls work.
Note: If you laid the unit down at any point, wait 2-3 hours before plugging the unit back in.
For additional service procedures, please locate the EdgeStar KC3000 Series Kegerator Service Manual located within the following article: EdgeStar Kegerator Service Documents