The door for the EDGESTAR KC3000 series kegerator is able to be reversed so it can open from either side. The below procedure will give you step by step instructions to help you reverse the door swing.
How do I reverse the door on my EdgeStar KC3000 Series Kegerator?
BR3000SS, BR3000BL, BR3001SS, BR3001BL, BR3002SS, BR3002BL
NOTE: Empty contents of unit and disconnect from power source before attempting any repairs.
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Flathead Screwdriver
Step 1: Remove the lower hinge assembly
- Lay the unit on its back
- Remove the two front leveling legs (If the unit has casters installed you may have plenty of room to work without removing them)
- With a Phillips screwdriver, remove the three screws securing the lower hinge to the door
- With a Phillips screwdriver, remove the two screws securing the limiting bracket to the door
- Slide the door down away from the upper hinge pin
- With a flathead screwdriver, remove the upper hinge pin
- Install the upper hinge pin on the opposite side of the unit
- Slide the door up over the hinge pin
- With a Phillips screwdriver, reinstall three screws that attach the lower hinge to the door
- With a Phillips screwdriver, reinstall the two screws that attach the limiting bracket to the door
NOTE: The holes for the limiting bracket will be filled with foam. You can simply line the bracket up and screw the screws through the foam
- Reinstall the leveling legs
NOTE: After a refrigerator has been laid on its back you must allow it to sit upright for several hours to allow the refrigerant to settle back into the compressor
- Turn the unit upright and let it sit for 3-4 hours before plugging it back in
For additional service procedures, please locate the KC3000 Series Service Manual located within the following article: EdgeStar KC3000 Series Service Documents