The control circuit board on your EDGESTAR VBR series beverage merchandiser functions as both the display and the controls for the unit. A failing control circuit board may lead to a blank display, an error code, or inability to set the temperature on the unit. The following instructions will show you how to replace the control circuit board.
VBR240, VBR440, VBR640
- Phillips screwdriver
NOTE: Disconnect the unit from the power source before attempting any repairs.
Step 1: Remove the control panel assembly
- Remove the four Phillips screws securing the control panel assembly to the fridge
- Slowly pull the panel down on one side and twist it sideways
NOTE: There are electrical connectors for each light and the control circuit board. Do not pull too hard and damage those connectors.
Step 2: Remove and replace the control circuit board
Disconnect the electrical connectors on the circuit board
- Unclip the circuit board from the control panel housing
- Clip the new circuit board into place
- Reconnect the 3 electrical connections
Step 3: Reinstall the control panel assembly
Lift the control panel assembly into place
- Attach the four screws to secure the control panel to the fridge
For additional service procedures, please locate the VBR Series Service Manual located within the following article: EdgeStar VBR Series Service Documents