The below instructions can be used to replace the heating element component on your EdgeStar DWP62 series countertop dishwasher. The heating element functions to heat the wash water for each cycle that requires hot water.
NOTE: Empty contents of unit and disconnect from power source before attempting any repairs.
Tools and Parts Needed:
- Phillips Screwdriver - Flat Tip Screwdriver - Needle nose pliers
- 8mm socket wrench
Heating Element Removal and Replacement
Step 1: Remove Base Tray Cover
- Refer to instructions to ‘Remove Bottom Panel’ found in Step 1 of the article: How do I replace the drain pump on my EDGESTAR DWP62 series counter top dishwasher?
Step 2: Remove the wash pump assembly
- Unhook the rubber mounting straps for the motor assembly where indicated in the below images.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to slide the rubber hold-downs up and over the plastic latch assembly.
NOTE: Be careful not to tear the rubber
Step 3: Disconnect the electrical connections for the heating element
- Take a picture of the 3 electrical connectors
- Using a flathead screwdriver, gently slide the 3 electrical connectors off of the heating element
Step 4: Separate the Heating Element assembly from the Wash Motor
- Press in on both lock assemblies and turn the heating element housing counter clockwise
Step 5: Remove and replace the heating element
- Use an 8mm socket to remove the nut on the heating element
- Slide the heating element out of the housing
NOTE: The replacement heating element will come with a new housing. If you have not damaged the original housing, it is easier to remove and replace just the element.
- Slide the new heating element into place
- Use an 8mm socket to install the securing nut
Step 6: Reconnect the electrical connections
- Reinstall the electrical connectors on the back of the heating element
VERY IMPORTANT: Refer back to the pictures taken in step 4 to properly reconnect the electrical connections in the original order.
Step 7: Reconnect the Heating Element Assembly to the Wash Motor
- Ensure the O-ring gasket is in place
- Push the heating element housing against the wash motor and turn the housing clockwise until the snap latches lock into place.
Step 8: Reinstall the Wash Pump Assembly
- Seat the wash motor back into place.
- Using a flathead screwdriver, slide the rubber hold-downs over the latch assembly.
NOTE: Be careful not to tear the rubber.
Step 9: Reinstall the Bottom Panel
- Refer to instructions to ‘Reinstall Bottom Panel’ found in Step 4 of the article: How do I replace the drain pump on my EDGESTAR DWP62 series counter top dishwasher?
For additional service procedures, please locate the DWP62 Series Service Manual located within the following article: EdgeStar Dishwasher Service Documents