The below instructions can be used to the replace the air breaker component on your EdgeStar DWP62 series countertop dishwasher. The Air Breaker functions to supply water for wash and rinse while preventing siphoning or back-flow of wash water into the water supply. It also functions to supply air venting to aid in dish drying.
NOTE: Empty contents of unit and disconnect from power source before attempting any repairs.
Tools and Parts Needed:
- Phillips Screwdriver - Flat Head Screwdriver - Needle nose pliers
- Gear Drive Hose Clamps (4)
Air Breaker Removal and Replacement Instructions
Step 1: Remove Base Tray Cover
- Refer to instructions to ‘Remove Bottom Panel’ found in Step 1 of the article: How do I replace the drain pump on my EDGESTAR DWP62 series counter top dishwasher?
Step 2: Remove the Outer Shell
- Remove the eight (8) screws as indicated in the below image. Set screws aside
- Lift up on the outer shell and unlatch from the front of the unit. Set outer shell aside
Step 3: Remove Clamps
- From the bottom of the unit, locate the four hoses that go to the Air Breaker as indicated with the arrows in the below image.
- Use a flat tip screwdriver to pry the clips securing the ends of the clamp together.
- Remove clamp and discard.
- Remove the hoses from the air breaker.
Step 4: Disconnect Electrical Connections
- Remove the electrical connector from the side of the Air Breaker where indicated in the image below
Step 5: Remove Air Breaker Nut
- Locate the Air Breaker Nut located on the interior wall of the unit.
- Remove the Air Breaker Nut by turning counter-clockwise.
Step 6: Remove / Replace Air Breaker Assembly
- Remove the Air Breaker Assembly by pulling the air breaker outward away from the dishwasher cabinet
- Inspect the Air Breaker Washer and clean or replace if needed
- Insert the replacement Air Breaker Assembly
Step 7: Screw the Air Breaker Nut back into place
- Screw the Air Breaker Nut back into place by turning the nut clockwise. This nut should be firmly tightened by hand.
Step 8: Reconnect electrical connection
- Reattach the electrical connector back to the Air Breaker Assembly
Step 9: Attach the gear drive hose clamps
- Slide the gear drive hose clamps over the ends of the four hoses
- Reattach the hoses
- Tighten the gear drive clamps
Step 10: Reattach the Outer Shell
- Reattach the outer shell and the base tray cover
- Line up the latches of the outer shell and the upper back cover to reinstall
- Reinstall the 8 screws attaching the outer shell to the rest of the unit
Step 11: Reinstall the Bottom Panel
- Refer to instructions to ‘Reinstall Bottom Panel’ found in Step 4 of the article: How do I replace the drain pump on my EDGESTAR DWP62 series counter top dishwasher?
For additional service procedures, please locate the DWP62 Series Service Manual located within the following article: EdgeStar Dishwasher Service Documents