The below instructions can be used to replace the drain pump component on your EdgeStar DWP62 series countertop dishwasher. The drain pump functions to drain wash water after each cycle has been completed.
NOTE: Empty contents of unit and disconnect from power source before attempting any repairs.
Tools and Parts Needed:
- Phillips Head Screwdriver - Flat Tip Screwdriver - Needle Nose Pliers
Drain Pump Removal and Replacement Instructions
Step 1: Remove Bottom Panel
- Turn the unit over to locate the Base Tray Cover
Tip: Take a photo of the original assembly configuration for reference when reinstalling the panel.
- Remove the screw that is circled in the photo below and set aside
- Use a flat head screwdriver to release the nine (9) latches that secure the panel to the unit. While gripping the panel, lift upward as the latches are detached to more easily remove the panel.
- When latches are all released, remove the Base Tray Cover gently and be careful not to pull the overflow switch wiring.
TIP: Use a pair of needle nose pliers to grab and lift up on the panel while releasing the latches.
- Locate the overflow switch on the bottom panel and disconnect the electrical connector
NOTE: Remove the panel gently to avoid damaging the wiring and electrical connector
Step 2: Remove the Drain Pump
- • Locate the drain pump circled in the below image
- Detach the electrical connectors from the pump
- Press the grey snap latch FIRST and then turn the drain pump counterclockwise to remove.
- Slide the pump out of the housing
Step 3: Install the new drain pump
- Slide the pump into the housing.
- Turn the pump clockwise until the locking latch clicks and the pump is locked in place.
- Reattach the electrical connectors
(Note: The drain pump is an A/C powered pump – wiring connections are interchangeable)
Step 4: Reinstall the Base Tray Cover
- Locate the float switch on the Base Tray Cover and reattach the electrical connector.
- Push the Base Tray Cover into place securely latching the nine (9) snap latches.
- Reinstall the screw to secure the Base Tray Cover into place.
For additional service procedures, please locate the DWP62 Series Service Manual located within the following article: EdgeStar Dishwasher Service Documents