Locks and hinges:
- Units made in or after 2015 have a latch with a hole so that a lock can be added.
- Metal hinges are available if plastic ones break
DC - Cords come in 2 lengths 6ft and 10ft
Fuse for this unit is located inside the DC cord’s male end and takes a 15 amp fuse
Sensor error codes:
- OC - Sensor circuit is no longer closed
- SC - resistor shorted out
- Freezer unit has 2 sensors.
- One functional out of the box, the 2nd is a backup incase the first one fails
AC & DC differences:
- AC - Connection requires 115v. used with a pronged wall outlet.
- DC - Connection use with car cigarette lighter.
- Minimum of 104v or more is required
Control panel difference:
- Grey colored panel with Red Buttons - models made in 2015 or later
- White colored panel with Black Buttons - models made before 2015. Has “FF” instead of the “mode” button
- Max temperature is -8 degrees
- Should only run in this mode for 4 hours when freezing.
- Encased inside the wall of the unit.
- No access due to it being a sealed system
This unit does not have a relay
- Check control module located in the front.
- Verify the condenser on the side is clean of debris and dirt
- Confirm that the sensor is not failed
- if the issue is still not resolved, trade out the dc power supply and transformer
No Power in AC mode
- Plug unit into DC outlet.
- If it works, the AC transformer is bad and needs to be replaced
Control panel has 3 parts
- Control module
- Face plate
- Display label