Attaching the door handle on your new EdgeStar wine or beverage cooler is easy and takes just a few minutes. Follow the instructions below and/or download a copy of the EdgeStar CWR BWR Handle Install Instructions.
Step 1 - Gather parts and Tools
1. Locate the Door handle that was supplied with your wine or beverage cooler.
2. You will need a Phillips head screwdriver
*Image example purposes only, different models ship with different style door handles.
Step 2 - Remove Door Gasket
The screws that attach the door handle to the door frame are located behind the door gasket. You will only need to remove the section of door gasket that covers the 2 screw holes for the door handle.
- With your thumb and index finger, pry off the door gasket starting at the top corner of the side of the door where the handle is to be installed (Image A). Remove enough of the door gasket to until both screw holes have been revealed. (Image B)
Step 3 - Attach Door Handle
- Line up the screw holes in the door handle with the screws that are protruding from the exterior of the door frame. (Image C)
- Using a Philips head screwdriver, attach the door handle to the door frame by tightening the pre-installed screws in the door frame. (Image D)
*Tighten firmly, but do not overtighten. Excessive pressure can damage the door frame or door handle.
Step 4 - Re-attach door gasket
- Press the door gasket back into the door gasket channel in the door frame. It’s easiest to start at the edge where the door seal remained attached prior to installing the door handle and then proceeding to reinstall until seated properly. (Image E)
PLEASE NOTE: Certain models include decorative caps that cover the exterior door handle screw holes. If your unit arrived with screw hole caps installed, they must be removed in order to install the door handle. To do so, remove the door gasket as instructed above and locate the screw holes on the inside edge of the door. Using a small flathead screwdriver, remove the screw hole caps by turning clockwise to loosen / remove. Please note these caps are reverse threaded, turn clockwise to remove.
Click the below link to download a copy of this installation tip: