Determining the correct amount of detergent has to do with a variety of factors that extend beyond the basic operations of your combo washer dryer.
- Refer to your user manual for cycle settings for your specific model.
- Read the detergent manufacturer guidelines regarding amount of detergent for varying levels and types of soiled clothing and garments.
Things to consider:
- Water hardness *
- Water temperature
- Clothing and garment types (lightweight linens vs heavy towels)
- Condition (general use stains vs caked on dirt)
* The harder the water, the more detergent you may need. Adjust the amount of detergent you need by small amounts until you find the correct amount. Please contact your local water utility company if you have questions about the hardness of your water.
DO always read the instructions on your detergent's packaging. The guidelines listed on the detergent packaging are the most accurate representation of the amount of detergent to be used.
DO refer to the user manual for your combo washer appliance. Various wash cycle settings may specify variations to amount of detergent required.
DO NOT overfill or use too much detergent. Excess detergent will result in the inability for a washing machine to properly dissolve and rinse leaving residue on clothes / internal components and can lead to performance issues over time.