This Article Refers to Model: MSPLIT12000W
The combined split air conditioner – composed of the MSEVA12000W indoor unit and the MSCON12000W outdoor unit – is referenced as the EdgeStar MSSPLIT12000W
Warning: Installation of this unit MUST be performed by a licensed HVAC specialist / certified electrician. Please contact your installer for diagnosis of post-installation related product performance issues.
Please refer to the below information related to proper cleaning and basic maintenance for your EdgeStar mini split air conditioning system. Seasonal / periodic maintenance of the outdoor unit should be performed by a qualified HVAC technician.
- Turn off the air conditioner and disconnect the power before cleaning to avoid electric shock.
- Do not wash the air conditioner with water to avoid electric shock.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or harsh chemicals to clean the air conditioner.
Cleaning the Surface of the Indoor Unit
When the surface of the indoor unit is dirty, use a soft dry cloth or a wet cloth to wipe it clean.
NOTE: Do not remove the panel when cleaning the outside of the unit.
Cleaning the Filter
- Open the Panel:
- Remove the Filter:
- Clean the Filter:
Use a vacuum cleaner or tap the filter lightly to remove loose dust and dirt, then rinse it thoroughly under lukewarm running water (below 104°F). You may use a mild soap and water solution if needed. Allow the filter to air dry in a cool and shaded place. Dry the filter thoroughly before reinstalling it.
- Reinstall the Filter:
Install the filter and then close the panel cover tightly.
- The filter should be cleaned every three months. If there is a high quantity of dust in the operation environment, the filter should be cleaned more frequently.
- After removing the filter, do not touch the fins in order to avoid injury.
- Do not use fire or a hair dryer to dry the filter in order to avoid deforming the filter or causing a fire hazard.
Seasonal / periodic maintenance of the outdoor unit should be performed by a qualified HVAC technician.
Checklist After Storage Period
- Check whether the air inlets and air outlets are blocked.
- Check whether the circuit breaker, plug, and socket are in good condition.
- Check whether the filter is clean.
- Check whether the drainage pipe is damaged.
Checklist Before Storage Period
- Disconnect the power supply.
- Clean the filter and the indoor unit’s front panel.