Your Koldfront though the wall air conditioner is designed to be installed in conjunction with a wall sleeve. If you are installing your new Koldfront air conditioner into an existing wall sleeve, please check to confirm that the wall sleeve is in sound structural condition and that is sized appropriately to accommodate your Koldfront air conditioner. Koldfront Wall Sleeve Model WTCSLV can accommodate most other brands of through the wall air conditioners.
IMPORTANT: A WALL SLEEVE IS FOR USE WITH A REAR VENTED THROUGH THE WALL STYLE AIR CONDITIONING UNIT ONLY. NOT INTENDED FOR USE WITH A SIDE VENTED WINDOW MOUNT STYLE AIR CONDITIONER.
- Koldfront Through the Wall Air Conditioner Sleeve: Model WTCSLV
- Dimensions: 15 1/4" H x 25 1/2" W x 17 1/2" D
- If replacing an existing unit, remove the air conditioner and wall sleeve according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Prepare and install the new wall sleeve according to the instructions below.
- The wall sleeve must be fastened securely before installing the air conditioner unit.
- The wall sleeve should be installed a minimum of 4” from any heating source (i.e. radiator, baseboard heater etc.)
- It is important that you use a high grade sealant/caulking product to seal around the wall sleeve once it has been fastened properly to prevent air and water infiltration.
STEP 1: Use four (4) screws to fasten the side panels to the bottom panel as shown below.
NOTE: The arrows on the bottom panel point to the interior side of the wall sleeve.
Step 2: Fasten the top panel with four (4) screws as shown below.
Step 3: Insert the four (4) plastic clasps into the square openings as shown below.
Step 4: Insert the louvered rear grill or expanded rear grill (included with the your air conditioner unit that you purchased separately) and fasten four (4) screws with four (4) washers as shown below.
Step 5: Install two (2) brackets on top of the sleeve and one (1) bracket on each side of the sleeve and fasten with four (4) screws. There are two options for installing the brackets which are shown in the image below. Figure A and Figure B below show 2 alternative bracket placement options. Choose the option that best suits your installation setup and be sure to use all four (4) brackets to ensure proper installation.
Step 6: Install additional eight (8) screws for added security as shown below.
Step 7: Slide the assembled wall sleeve into the wall opening as shown below.
NOTE: Use a carpenter’s level to ensure that the wall sleeve is level front to back and left to right.
Step 8: After the wall sleeve has been secured properly to the wall it is important that you seal any remaining openings or cracks with a high grade caulking product in order to eliminate all points of possible air or water infiltration.
NOTE: Secure the wall sleeve to the wall using fasteners (not included) that are appropriate for the type of wall in your home. Typically, wood screws (for wood constructed buildings) or masonry screws (for cement or brick constructed buildings).
Step 9: Install the air conditioner unit according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
You may download a copy of these instructions by clicking the link below: